libicui18n.so.36 not found, required by "evolution"

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Mon Feb 11 06:31:10 UTC 2008

E. J. Cerejo wrote:
> Dominic Fandrey wrote:
>> E. J. Cerejo wrote:

>>> My system was updated yesterday and I'm trying to resolve the issues
>>> that arose from the updating.  I can't update my system everyday I
>>> just don't have time for it.
>>
>> If you don't want to rebuild the stuff, just add
>>
>> libicui18n.so.36    libicui18n.so
>>
>> to your /etc/libmap.conf file. This solution works if no functions
>> have been removed from the library interface, which only very rarely
>> happens.
>
> I just ran pkg_libchk -m piped to a file but looks pretty confusing, is
> there a way to get only the output for the lines containing
> /usr/local/lib/libicui18n.so.38?

I can reccomend you the -q option, which will give you a very clean output
simply listing all the packages that have problems.
Without the -q option the program shows its status, which is not well
readable in a file, because it doesn't use \n but \r.

That you get output with the -m/--mean flag, but not without means that the
false positive detection is erroneous. For the time being I'd recommend you
to use the libmap.conf solution.
Later this day I will add some debugging functionality to the script and
send that version to you, if you are willing to spend your time helping me
finding this problem.