Auto Mount USB

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Mon Aug 18 16:26:25 UTC 2008

> I can mount the drive just fine with the mount command. I also was able
> to add it to the fstab and have it mount at boot.
>
> However if the drive is removed it has to be mounted again. How do you
> get it to mount back up with out having to run the mount command again?

You're slightly off course.  Read man 8 amd and see if that helps.  Also,
section 27.3.5 of the handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-nfs.html
If you get stuck on specifics, ask here.

> Also I noticed while playing with it that the device assignment keeps
> changing each time it is plugged back into the system. Started with
> /dev/da0s1, then da1s1, then da2s1, da3s1 and so on. Which means I have
> to change my mount comand every time.

I've not see this happen.  Are you umounting it before you remove the
drive?  If not, then the drive is still mounted from a previous connection
(even though it can't be accessed) so the system has to grab the next
available device.

This will go away once you have amd running.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com