Newby Question: What to do when one port can't recognize another port?

Jeff D jeffd6635 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 07:16:01 PDT 2007

James,

On 10/30/07, james <oscartheduck at gmail.com> wrote:

> What version of the operating system are you using?

I'm using the Version 6.2 Release, updated with Patchset 7

When did you last update your ports tree?

Last time was yesterday afternoon.

These're both important for us to know.

Sorry about that!

But, you should know that apache on FreeBSD is fantastic. I tried
> getting it configured once on Ubuntu; that was a harsh, harsh
> experience. Weird custom configuration files in weird locations.

What makes it "fantastic" versus not?  Isn't an Apache configuration
supposed to be the same?  In httpd.conf, or whatever?

Regards,

  Jeff