do I *really* need xorg 7.x?

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Sun Oct 21 22:54:19 PDT 2007

Seems every time I try to install a pkg or make a port lately, I get this:

===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/libdata/xorg/libraries in /usr/ports/x1
1/xorg-libraries
/usr/X11R6 exists, but it is not a symlink. Installation cannot proceed.
This looks like an incompletely removed old version of X.  In the current versio
n, /usr/X11R6 must be a symlink if it exists at all.Please read /usr/ports/UPDAT
ING (entry of 20070519) for the procedure to upgrade X.org related ports.*** Err
or code 1

My system is just fine as is, thanks, am I stuck not installling any
of these ports unless I upgrade X?

Steve