IPv6 Display - Multiple Applications

Mike Sweetser - Adhost mikesw at adhost.com
Tue Oct 16 14:08:54 PDT 2007

Have you tried using -W on netstat?  "In certain displays, avoid
truncating addresses even if this causes some fields to overflow."  I
tested it on my own IPv6 server after establishing a connection and
reproduced your behavior with the truncated IPv6 addresses; however,
once I added the -W flag, it displayed the entire address.

Unfortunately, I do not see a similar flag available for the who
command...maybe a patch is in order?

Mike Sweetser | Systems Administrator

Adhost Internet
140 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 360, Seattle, Washington 98109 USA
P 206.404.9023    T 888.234.6781 (ADHOST-1)    F 206.404.9050
E mikesw at adhost.com    W adhost.com

Our brand new Adhost West data center is open - contact us for a tour at
1-888-234-6781 (ADHOST-1)