system admin question...

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Wed Oct 10 13:30:45 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 10 October 2007 21:57:59 Gary Kline wrote:

> 	What are the best tools, graphical or otherwise, that I can use
> 	on  a dedicated Gnome [or CWTM, KDE, Whatever] workspace that
> 	will help me track each of my four or five computers?
> 	(((Is xosview broken?  I have it running here on this pre xorg-7.2
> 	system.)))  xsysstats seems reasonable; are there any others?
> 	I'd like to be able to spot any overloads of file system snafus
> 	before they go critical... .
>
> 	thanks for any|all insights,

Ksysguard can connect to hosts via ssh, rsh or a command you provide yourself.
Part of kdeadmin package. Various things can be monitored, including but not
limited to diskspace, process tables, logfiles and system load.

Unfortunately it doesn't do well with passwords, so use a passwordless pubkey
scheme for ssh.

It takes a bit to get used to the interface, but it's highly customizable once
you get the hang of it.
--
Mel