Any luck with Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop USB mouse?

Rob r17fbsd at xxiii.com
Fri Jul 20 13:57:12 UTC 2007

George Hartzell wrote:
> I'm trying to get a Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop working on a
> Mac Pro running today's -STABLE amd64.

Wow...  A Micros$$t mouse, on an Apple-branded box, using an Intel CPU, that implements an AMD instruction set?!  I'm not sure if that's Good or Bad.  Either way, it would have been a chilly day in hell not too long ago.

Sorry, I don't have any useful suggestions on your mouse problem.  The fact it is detected & appears in dmesg suggests the USB portion is working, at least.

>Is it possible that the puck needs to somehow be told to route the mouse out the usb connector?

Might be;  tho most stuff is auto-detect these days.  Does microshaft's web site have any docs on it?

  -RW