Xorg build problem - font-misc-misc

Joel Hatton freebsd-questions at auscert.org.au
Mon Jul 2 05:37:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have solved this issue. Turned out that font-util wasn't properly
installed. Although I followed the steps in UPDATING, it appears that a
lot of my ports didn't cleanly/properly upgrade - what I found I had to
do was to repeatedly portupgrade -a, identify which ports stopped on 'you
should make deinstall/reinstall' type errors and individually do just that
for each one until no more errors ensued from portupgrade.  Then I had to
run portupgrade -N x11/xorg on top of that, as it appears that I didn't
previously have the x11/xorg meta-port installed. I find it curious that
although I had full X functionality before without it, just about
everything I needed now hinged on adding it.

Even after all of this, I keep finding that I have to add individual apps
as I need them ie base things like xauth still weren't installed until I
added them by hand afterwards.

joel