yet another question borne of ignorance....

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon Jul 2 05:50:26 UTC 2007

	Guys,

	One of the last tricks is to get lpr working from oldtao to
	newtao--(once I'm done with my paper, I'll try to puzzle out
	CUPS; for now I need too be able to print OOo files on my printserver).

	It/printing finallly Does work across the wire, but this is
	simply
	lpr /etc/printcap

	and the information I'm getting is that the queue on "tao" is
	waiting for permission.  I've put  permission on tao in
	/etc/hosts.lpd.   What else do I have to do?

	Assistance, puleeeze!

	gary

	PS: and to think how far i've fallen ... jeez... .

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix