Fw: FIN_WAIT_2

Grant Peel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Sun Feb 25 10:23:25 UTC 2007

 my problem is that so many of my vm-pop3d processes get in that state that
 semi-frequently, we get locked out of downloading email.

 I kill all the vm-pop3d processes then we have to wait for all the
 FIN_WAIT_2 to die befor i can restart the vm-pop3d process.

 If I try to start vm-pop3d before all the FIN_WAIT_2 sockets die, I get a
 'Can't bind to port" error.

 When I do the lsof thing it shows no files or processes connected to that
 port, or socket.

 -Grant