Portsnap and port versions

Robert Inder robert at interactive.co.uk
Sat Feb 10 18:22:12 UTC 2007

I asked for help because I was getting an out-of-date version of
portupgrade --- 2.1.3 instead of 2.2.2 --- even though I had usedn
portsnap.

    > Subject: Re: Portsnap and port versions

    :
    :

    > To see if your index is out of date, compare the output of:

    >     cd /usr/ports
    >     make search name=portindex

    > with

    >    cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade
    >    make -V PKGNAME

BINGO!!!  I was installing sysutils/portupgrade.

I knew that portupgrade was in sysutils, so I went straight to it and
used it...

It didn't occur to me that there might be ANOTHER sysutils somewhere
else in the ports tree.

But there was, and the one in ports-mgmt had been updated by
portsnap, so when I installed in THERE...

    > Then use portupgrade as usual to upgrade whatever else you want to.
Yup!

    > 	Cheers,

    > 	Matthew

Thanks very much indeed!

Robert.

--
Robert Inder            Tel: 0131 229 1052        Interactive Information Ltd,
Director                Mobile: 07808 492 213            3, Lauriston Gardens,