What is the default firewall setup in 6.2?

Victor Engmark victor.engmark at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 12:58:20 UTC 2007

On 4/4/07, Javier Henderson <javier at kjsl.com> wrote:

> Can SSH clients on your local network connect to your system?
>
> You say packets are arriving at your machine, can you elaborate on this
> further? Assuming a SYN packet arrives from a host, so you see a
> SYN+ACK go out, etc?

Actually, it turns out I was wrong - The packets I saw in tcpdump were just
the console updates from the server I was connected to, in order to connect
back to myself :) Also, the local network uses VPN and NAT, which is why an
ordinary connection doesn't work. That just leaves the mystery of why my
setup worked on SUSE. I'll be using my home PC as the server instead - Much
less hassle.

Thanks anyway!

--
Victor Engmark