Making startup order static

White Hat pigskin_referee at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 10 14:46:14 PDT 2006

--- Duane Hill <d.hill at yournetplus.com> wrote:

[...]

> I also had the same scenario with order in startup.
> That was rectified
> by setting up one script to start each of the items
> in order.

I am assuming that you removed the scripts that you
called from the rc.d directory. What transpired when
you updated a program? Assuming it created a file in
rc.d, you then had to manually remove it correct?

I am thinking that I could create a script that would
check to see if a file existed in rc.d that I had
chosen to start manually and if so it would then
delete or move the file. However, I would have to
ensure that, that script started prior to any other
script.

It really should not be this difficult. A master file
dictating the start order of every script in rc.d
would be a cool idea.

--

White Hat
pigskin_referee at yahoo.com