Ports collection issue

Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg listsub at 401.cx
Fri Oct 27 13:31:30 UTC 2006

Andy Greenwood wrote:
> Is it possible to use csup with my existing cvsup files? I skimmed the
> man page and it looks very similar. Is there any advantage to using
> cvsup over csup?

I use the same files for csup as I used for cvsup. You should not
have to change anything except removing the 'v' after the 'c' in
'cvsup' on the command-line. :)

Csup is basically cvsup rewritten in C instead of Modula-3. While
cvsup is an excellent program that certainly makes exactly what it
was designed to do, it unfortunately has some dependencies that are
not common on most installations.
I do not know of any advantages that cvsup might have over csup,
more then the fact that it is a thoroughly tested program that has
performed well for several years, while csup is a relatively new
program. AFAIK there has not been any reports of problem with csup
though, so I would say its safe to use.