POP before SMTP with TCPSERVER

Don O'Neil don at lizardhill.com
Fri Oct 20 11:59:27 UTC 2006

Hi all... I'm having problems with inet crapping out on the qmail-smtp
process, so I've started using tcpserver to launch qmail-smtpd....

However, I'm getting complaints from people that the POP before SMTP
authentication patch isn't working when I do this... Here is what I'm
launching:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -c 200 -v -u 1009 -g 1003 0 smtp
/var/shc/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd >&1 | /var/shc/qmail/bin/splogger smtpd 3 &

Anything wrong with this, or do I need to do something else so that the POP
before SMTP authentication works correctly?

Thanks!