Directory server

Damian Wiest dwiest at vailsys.com
Mon Oct 2 15:08:30 PDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 07:26:20AM +0700, rithy4u- CEO wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am seeking the way how to implement FreeBSD+LDAP+Samba to build a file server for medium size business which will serv up to 60 concurrent users.
>
> But the issue is, how we get it all in one package? and join all windows clients into Samba Domain? I hope someone can help me up with this.
>
> Thanks and Best Regards,
>
> Richard Ben, CIO
> --
> believed to be clean.

You should be able to use FreeBSD's Samba and OpenLDAP port without
issue.  I haven't used Samba with LDAP (probably Active Directory in
your case), but I know it's supported.  As for connecting Windows
clients, Samba does include a NetBIOS nameserver with WINS support.

Here are a couple of links to get you started:

http://aput.net/~jheiss/samba/ldap.shtml
http://lilly.csoft.net/~vdebaere/handleiding/samba-activedirectory/index_en.html
http://samba.org/samba/news/articles/abartlet_thesis.pdf

-Damian