> Subject: Re: Ezmlm Port Okay Or Junk?

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Fri Nov 24 15:05:51 PST 2006

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:34:10 +0000
Graham Bentley <custompc at custompc.plus.com> wrote:

Graham, please include the list in the reply - it doesn't help anyone else to
have a private chat :)

> I didnt keep a list but mplayers extra codecs spring to mind.

hmmm  my mplayer and mplayer-skin s having a nit with some skin it cant find
(it may be that I chose a bunch of skins to include as an option...will clean
completely and retry soon). win32-codecs has security holes, but if you dont
care about this, it should install fine.

> Any one wanting any kind of multimedia desktop would want those.
>
> I thought the ports where kept up to date?

I am pretty sure they are - i upgrade about 2 or 3 avg / day on my laptop.

> Seems alot are kept for 'history' sake

if it really is a big problem for you, please consider submitting a PR with
fixes for specific issues you've found. Or report them via PR at least (as
nobody will fix something that is not known to be broken).

good luck,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Nature doesn't care how smart you are. You can still be wrong."
  Richard Feynman

Warned.