Freebsd 6-Stable lockups

Paul Beckers paul at nuonsolarteam.com
Wed Nov 1 18:21:57 UTC 2006

Hi Chris,

I've noticed the same on three of my FreeBSD 6 systems, until now I
haven't found any clue on this. FreeBSD 5 stable was no problem,
FreeBSD 6 is quite a mess with no trace at all on what might have
caused the machine to freeze. I agree with you that it could very
well be a user application problem because my kernel config is quite
trivial, my updating routines (cvsup and portupgrade) are trivial and
actually the whole configuration of my box isn't exciting. I've
opened a thread at bsdforums.org and posted an email on this mailing
list as well.
http://www.freebsdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38765.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2006-October/
030225.html
Perhaps, comparing both configurations could identify the bad
application.

Kind Regards,
Paul M.C. Beckers