Thunderbird + Mozilla Suite

Duane Whitty duane at greenmeadow.ca
Wed Mar 15 09:25:51 UTC 2006

Andrey V. Semyonov wrote:
> Duane Whitty wrote:
>> If you did not find an entry named
>> network.protocol-handler.app.http then
>> right click on any entry under Preference Name.
>> Choose New, String.
>> When you are prompted for the new string type
>> network.protocol-handler.app.http
>> When you are prompted for the new value enter the path
>> of the mozilla web browser launcher.
>>
>> Follow the same procedures as above to enable support for https.
>> Everywhere you typed http above type https instead.
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>

> Strange things... When launched from xterm (or directly from my WM's
> button) /usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla starts mozilla binary normally.
>
> But after such a reconfiguration of TB when I try to open any link in
> TB it prints "/usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla: Cannot find mozilla binary
> executable. Exiting." into terminal from X is launched.
I am not sure why it is doing that.  Please, do not take offense but
have you checked
to make sure you did not make any typographical mistakes.
Another point to consider is that /usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla is probably not
the actual mozilla
binary but rather a shell script to start the browser.  Maybe you can
find out what the actual
binary is called.  It is probably similar to mozilla-bin, moz-bin, etc.
Actually it will be mentioned
in the script but beware though that calling it directly may not work.

(Aside:  I thought the mozilla-suite built in email program was
essentially thunderbird?
I hope I was correct when I assumed you were using mozilla and not firefox?)

As I don't have mozilla installed I am not sure how much more useful I
can be to you, sorry.
Maybe someone from the list with mozilla and thunderbird installed can help?