Thunderbird + Mozilla Suite

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Wed Mar 15 13:12:18 UTC 2006

Duane Whitty wrote:

> (Aside:  I thought the mozilla-suite built in email program was
> essentially thunderbird?
> I hope I was correct when I assumed you were using mozilla and not
> firefox?)

A bit OT, but you asked :-)  AFAIK, Mozilla's email and Thunderbird
share some kind of underlying codebase but at the very least the
look-and-feels are quite different.  Having said that, I use mozilla
mail daily with nary a hiccup, but the last time I tried Thunderbird
(say 6 months ago) all it did was core dump.  Couldn't reply to an
email, couldn't browse large folders and I gave up at that point.  So,
while at some level they may be "the same", at least in the past they
were different enough to matter.

Mozilla mail and Thunderbird do not share executables; it's just the
source that the executables are compiled from should be somewhat shared.

hth,

--Alex