Any generic (non-wm-specific) audio players?

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 04:18:37 UTC 2006

On 6/22/06, Chris Hill <chris at monochrome.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Gary Kline wrote:
>
> > ... Does xmms play streams?
>
> I'm not sure about xmms and streams, never having tried it. So I've just
> been playing with this, and it seems to work like Nikolas' description
> of cplay: download the playlist manually, then you can load it from
> within xmms. I'm listening to radioparadise.com as I type this (thanks
> for the link, Nikolas!)

Your welcome, here's more:

http://www.somafm.com/ (multiple genres)
http://www.bassdrive.com/ (Drum & Bass / Junge)
http://www.friskyradio.com/ (EDM etc.)
http://www.di.fm/ (multiple genres, mostly electronic)
http://www.xtcradio.com/ (DJ Mix Sets)
http://www.staticbeats.com/ (IDM)
http://www.m1live.com/ (Club/Dance)

Also, Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music (Flash Player Required):
http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

Does anyone know of streams that sound like XRT or Q101?... two radio
stations in Chicago

--
BSD Podcasts @:
http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/