Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Jun 22 01:09:46 UTC 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Nikolas Britton wrote:

> On 6/21/06, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at toybox.placo.com> wrote:

SAS is what I'm using in our HP servers ... don't know about SATA drives,
since the SAS drives are closer to a 'laptop size' then full size drive
... the HP controller is supported by the CISS driver, and is, by far,
IMHO, the best driver we have, since you don't need any 'external
utilities' to check the status of the RAID controller ... wish they all
provided that :(

----