conver Linux shared libraries foo.so to FreeBSD shared libraries

Simeon Nifos archwndas at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 07:50:35 UTC 2006

Does anybody know how to convert a shared object
compiled in Linux foo-linux.so to a shared object
compiled for FreeBSD freebsd-foo.so? I mean
a freebsd-foo.so to which I can link with objects
compiled by a native FreeBSD compiler. Or
equivalently how to create a FreeBSD foo.so from
a linux foo.so which would be identical to that
which would be compiled from source in FreeBSD?

Thanks in advance!
Simeon.