conver Linux shared libraries foo.so to FreeBSD shared libraries

NgD Vulto hugo.ngd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 01:07:25 UTC 2006

2006/6/20, Simeon Nifos <archwndas at yahoo.com>:

> Does anybody know how to convert a shared object
> compiled in Linux foo-linux.so to a shared object
> compiled for FreeBSD freebsd-foo.so? I mean
> a freebsd-foo.so to which I can link with objects
> compiled by a native FreeBSD compiler. Or
> equivalently how to create a FreeBSD foo.so from
> a linux foo.so which would be identical to that
> which would be compiled from source in FreeBSD?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Simeon.

You are probably just needing to read about the linux-base, you can run
linux softwares there, you don't need to convert anything.

cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-fc4

Don't forget to add at your fstab:

linproc         /compat/linux/proc      linprocfs       rw      0       0

Anytime you need to run a linux software use to linux-base.

Hugo Pessoa/NgD Vulto.

--
[Freebsd User Group]

Fug-Br/BsD-Ce proud active member.

There will be a day machines will reign, and only the ones able to
understand them will survive.