Python port problems

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Sun Jun 18 02:37:52 UTC 2006

On Jun 15, 2006, at 6:16 AM, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:

> Joe Auty wrote:
>

>> On Jun 14, 2006, at 1:10 PM, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:
>>

>>> And one which may spew quite a lot.  Cut it off if it gets to
>>> printing help.
>>>
>>> $ python -v /usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner
>>>

>> jauty# python -v /usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner
>> [...snip...]
>> # /usr/local/lib/python2.4/getopt.pyc matches /usr/local/lib/
>> python2.4/getopt.py
>> import getopt # precompiled from /usr/local/lib/python2.4/getopt.pyc
>> # /usr/local/mailman/bin/paths.pyc matches /usr/local/mailman/bin/
>> paths.py
>> import paths # precompiled from /usr/local/mailman/bin/paths.pyc
>> [...snip...]
>
> OK, you just ran qrunner successfully without getting the error you
> were getting earlier about getopt.  Doesn't matter that all you got
> was help, it found *everything* that it tried to import.
>
> I missed the start of this thread.  How did you run qrunner to get
> your earlier error and where did the error appear?  I think you
> said the rc script.  If it's not too big can you post it?  Or
> compare it against your working mailman?

My Mailman rc script (exactly identical to the one on my working
machine):

. /etc/rc.subr

name="mailman"
rcvar=${name}_enable

pidfile="/usr/local/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid"

load_rc_config $name

: ${mailman_enable="NO"}

start_cmd=${name}_start
stop_cmd=${name}_stop
extra_commands="reload"

mailman_start() {
         /usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl -s -q start
}

mailman_stop() {
         /usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl -q stop
}

run_rc_command "$1"