Python port problems

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Thu Jun 15 10:17:02 UTC 2006

Joe Auty wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2006, at 1:10 PM, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:
>

>> And one which may spew quite a lot.  Cut it off if it gets to
>> printing help.
>>
>> $ python -v /usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner
>>

> jauty# python -v /usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner
> [...snip...]
> # /usr/local/lib/python2.4/getopt.pyc matches /usr/local/lib/
> python2.4/getopt.py
> import getopt # precompiled from /usr/local/lib/python2.4/getopt.pyc
> # /usr/local/mailman/bin/paths.pyc matches /usr/local/mailman/bin/
> paths.py
> import paths # precompiled from /usr/local/mailman/bin/paths.pyc

OK, you just ran qrunner successfully without getting the error you were
getting earlier about getopt.  Doesn't matter that all you got was help,
it found *everything* that it tried to import.

I missed the start of this thread.  How did you run qrunner to get your
earlier error and where did the error appear?  I think you said the rc
script.  If it's not too big can you post it?  Or compare it against
your working mailman?

--Alex