seeking advice on building jdk15

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 20:28:11 UTC 2006

On 6/12/06, Peter <petermatulis at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> I succeeded in building jdk14 instead.  My manual downloads were:
>
> j2sdk-1_4_2_11-linux-i586.bin
> j2sdk-1_4_2-bin-scsl.zip
> j2sdk-1_4_2-src-scsl.zip
> bsd-jdk14-patches-8.tar.gz
>
> The port instructions added an extra step.  It had me mount a simulated
> linux proc filesystem:
>
> linprocfs on /usr/compat/linux/proc (linprocfs, local)
>
> I am now in the middle of compiling OpenOffice which was my original
> goal.
>
> What is the bootstrap you speak of?

Right here in the jdk15 Makefile:

.if !defined(WITH_LINUX_BOOTSTRAP)
.if ${MACHINE_ARCH} == "i386"
NATIVE_BOOTSTRAP_JDKS+= ${LOCALBASE}/diablo-jdk1.5.0
.endif
NATIVE_BOOTSTRAP_JDKS+= ${LOCALBASE}/jdk1.5.0 \
                        ${LOCALBASE}/jdk1.4.2
.endif

If you install the diablo-jdk15 port first you can use it to build the
jdk15 port (bootstrapping) and you won't need to mess with
linux-sun-jdk14. After your done installing jdk15 you can remove
diablo-jdk15 from the system, it's only a build requirement and now
that jdk15 is built and installed you can use that to bootstrap future
jdk15 builds.

So... it's really simple:
# cd /usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk15; make install
# cd ../jdk15; make install clean
# cd ../diablo-jdk15; make deinstall clean

--
BSD Podcasts @:
http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/