seeking advice on building jdk15

Peter petermatulis at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 12 19:42:27 UTC 2006

I succeeded in building jdk14 instead.  My manual downloads were:

j2sdk-1_4_2_11-linux-i586.bin
j2sdk-1_4_2-bin-scsl.zip
j2sdk-1_4_2-src-scsl.zip
bsd-jdk14-patches-8.tar.gz

The port instructions added an extra step.  It had me mount a simulated
linux proc filesystem:

linprocfs on /usr/compat/linux/proc (linprocfs, local)

I am now in the middle of compiling OpenOffice which was my original
goal.

What is the bootstrap you speak of?

Peter