troubleshooting network settings

Mark Evenson mark.evenson at gmx.at
Thu Jun 1 03:01:09 PDT 2006

Malcolm Fitzgerald wrote:

> On 31/05/2006, at 11:30 PM, Steve Bertrand wrote:
>

>> Take a look at the 'ServerName' directive in your httpd.conf file. Try
>> uncommenting said directive, and put your IP address beside it.
>
> This line is already in place
>
> ServerName 127.0.0.1:80

I can confirm this behavior with www/apache22 for a FBD_6_1 machine not
in DNS.

My solution:  I commented out the load of mod_unique_id in httpd.conf
making everything work just fine.  Looking at the documentation of
mod_unique_id convinced me that I would only need it for some sort of
server-side application that could not provide itself with a concept of
a session.

I haven't dug into the mod_unique_id code to find out what it is trying
to resolve.