openldap-2.3 won't start on a 6.1R system

Reinhard Weismann tequnix at callooh.com
Thu Jun 1 03:22:39 PDT 2006

had the same problem, went away after disabling WITH_SHELL, there also
seems to be a related entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING:
[..]
20060526:
  AFFECTS: users of net/openldap23-server
  AUTHOR: delphij at FreeBSD.org

  The setting of SHELL backend has been inverted to off by default,
  because of the side effect it can cause.
  You are advised to do a "make config" in the net/openldap23-server
  directory *before* upgrading.
[..]

lg,
~reinhard