Server vendor specific mailing lists ...

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sun Jan 8 08:09:00 PST 2006

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Not sure who best to send this to, but figured I'd send it publicly to
> see also if others think this idea might have merit ...
>
> Basically, I'm just about to take possession of my first HP server ...
> my biggest 'fear' is that HP doesn't support FreeBSD, but from posts
> I've seen here, that shouldn't be a problem ... what I'd love to see is
> a 'vendor specific' mailing list where ppl can more easily tap others
> brains for their experiences ... a "FreeBSD user support group for
> {IBM,HP,Dell} servers", that a FreeBSD user can turn to knowing that
> others on that list are using "their vendor of choice" for their servers

FreeBSD attempts to support all reasonably functional hardware; there isn't a
great deal of difference between a Dell and an HP except for which RAID system
and NIC they come with.

You might find that mentioning the specific model you have would produce more
useful feedback.  You might also find asking the freebsd-isp list would produce
management tools...

--
-Chuck