Solaris patches and Solaris Express

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Nov 21 23:08:36 GMT 2005

Only problem with that is that Star Office met a severe need (the need
for
UNIX desktops to be able to deal with Microsoft's nasty file formats)
when there wasn't anything else out there, but we have several choices
for workstations now, it will be a lot harder to get a group coalesced.

Kind of like the 6000 pound Apache gorilla has pretty much caused any
other open source http server effort to remain stunted, at least in terms
of market penetration.  People patch Apache rather than reinvent the
wheel.

Ted