Adaptec AAC raid support

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sun Mar 20 16:23:11 PST 2005

On Mar 20, 2005, at 6:30 PM, Jens Ropers wrote:
> Lets please stop feeding this troll. I'll grant him that his bait is
> cleverly constructed but that doesn't give him the right to degrade a
> vital discussion to ad hominem attacks, rhetorical nitpicking and
> all-out bickering. Nor does it give him the right to shit on the misc
> list. Trolls are not interested in understanding the opposite party's
> point of view or resolving outstanding questions, they're interested
> in scoring points and keeping you occupied -- like in somebody's sig
> here, it's like mud-wrestling a pig: You both get dirty but the pig
> enjoys it.

Point of fact: I've never posted an unsolicited message to an OpenBSD
list.  I'm responding to threads which appear in my inbox because Theo
and others have decided to cross-post between <misc at openbsd.org> and
<freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>.

In fact, Theo has started cross-posting additional threads, and he has
rejected Tomas Quintero's simple request that he stop changing Subject:
headers-- see Message-ID
<200503202227.j2KMRUR6010217 at cvs.openbsd.org>-- in which he asserts
that this discussion "is entirely useful", and that:

> > Try and keep your subjects together so I can archive them more easily
> > and not be forced to read over more. If anything, this sort of email
> > belongs entirely on your misc lists, not the freebsd lists.
>
> It belongs whereveer there are people who care about being able to
> have drivers for their hardware.

I don't read <misc at openbsd.org>, and I'm not the one starting new
threads.
Your objections to trolling are well-taken, but directed at the wrong
person.

If you acknowledge these facts, a retraction would be accepted.  If you
disagree with the facts as presented, I suggest asking a disinterested
third-party and gaining a second opinion.

--
-Chuck