Adaptec AAC raid support

Ben Goren ben at trumpetpower.com
Sun Mar 20 08:50:58 PST 2005

On 2005 Mar 20, at 6:41 AM, Charles Swiger wrote:

> While I haven't seen Adaptec's NDA agreements, I'd bet a stack of
> nickels they exist and limit the information Adaptec is able to make
> public.

This is a moot point.

If Adaptec has been foolish enough to bind their own hands in this
manner then they have demonstrated a serious lack of judgment.

Consider: if Adaptec is bound to the sort of NDAs that you suggest,
they'd be unable to sell to the military or NASA or other big
institutions with R&D departments that would want exactly what Theo is
asking for himself.

If true, it's just another nail in Adaptec's coffin.

Cheers,

b&