Why not?

bsdzz bsdzz at verizon.net
Sat Mar 12 09:58:57 PST 2005

>"On the other hand, no, Linux does not have that stupid notion of having totally separate kernel development for different issues. If you want a secure BSD, you get OpenBSD; if you want a usable BSD, you get FreeBSD; and if you want BSD on other architectures, you get NetBSD. That___s just idiotic, to have different teams worry about different things."

I guess Linus didn't have anything to say about the 200 different
versions of Linux, with their 200 different installers, and 200
different file hierachies, and their multiple package management systems.

>Why not all three teams work together for just one BSD version?

If I remember correctly, there are multiple versions of BSD because the
teams could not work together.

thx