Hi All + Technical question

epilogue epilogue at allstream.net
Wed Mar 9 00:42:06 PST 2005

> > However, this time I think i got the bull by the horns! I've
> > migrated all my stuff from linux to BSD

hello riaan,

congratulations and welcome to freebsd!

> > just a couple of outstanding issues. Ie. KDM/GDM needs to work
> > properly, as other people use my machine for an X server.

the handbook is very much your friend.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-xdm.html

google.com/bsd and onlamp.com/pub/q/all_bsd_articles are too.

> > And i am currently still sorting out mailman with postfix. Which was
> > my own fault as to why it's not working.

this isn't a question, is it?

> > And second I dunno how many of you use gkrellm in windowmaker but, i
> > can't get it to appear on every work space. This I am sure, is a
> > real dumb thing on my part because i feel it must be something
> > really simple.

right click on top of gkrellm to access configuration
	general > properties tab > set sticky state

don't know about your card.  hopefully another reader will.  in the
meantime, check the mailing lists, google, etc.

hope that this helps.

cheers,
epi

p.s.   1) please wrap your lines around 70-75 characters.
	2) help enrich our mailing list archives:
		* use descriptive subject lines.
		* cover one topic per mail.
	   makes it easier for everyone to find answers to questions.   ;)