gkrellm WAS: Hi All + Technical question

Riaan Annandale riaana at mundane.co.za
Wed Mar 9 04:05:59 PST 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 03:41:17AM -0500, epilogue wrote:

> > > However, this time I think i got the bull by the horns! I've
> > > migrated all my stuff from linux to BSD
>
> hello riaan,
>
> congratulations and welcome to freebsd!
Thank you!

> > > just a couple of outstanding issues. Ie. KDM/GDM needs to work
> > > properly, as other people use my machine for an X server.
>
> the handbook is very much your friend.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-xdm.html
>
> google.com/bsd and onlamp.com/pub/q/all_bsd_articles are too.
This wasn't really a question, mainly just a bit of info as to what i'm
busy with. It's taken nearly 24hours to compile kde, then i'll dive into
this some more. Very patient with this, and I wanna try KDM if possible,
cuz GDM sucks, and last time i sued XDM it required a lot of work to
make it look good.

> > > And i am currently still sorting out mailman with postfix. Which was
> > > my own fault as to why it's not working.
>
> this isn't a question, is it?
Nope! ;) And mailman is working now

> > > And second I dunno how many of you use gkrellm in windowmaker but, i
> > > can't get it to appear on every work space. This I am sure, is a
> > > real dumb thing on my part because i feel it must be something
> > > really simple.
>
> right click on top of gkrellm to access configuration
> 	general > properties tab > set sticky state
I've tried this, and i've even tried to quit and start gkrellm again

> don't know about your card.  hopefully another reader will.  in the
> meantime, check the mailing lists, google, etc.
>
> hope that this helps.
>

> cheers,
> epi
>
> p.s.   1) please wrap your lines around 70-75 characters.
Aight! It's the different versions of vi(m) on linux it was "set
textwidth" and here it is "set wraplen"
> 	2) help enrich our mailing list archives:
> 		* use descriptive subject lines.
> 		* cover one topic per mail.
whoops :/
> 	   makes it easier for everyone to find answers to questions.   ;)
---end quoted text---

--
   Riaan Annandale
   Engineering: Senior Systems Administrator

   42 Wierda Road West, Wierda Valley, Sandton
   Office : 0861 22 55 86
   E-Mail : Riaan.Annandale at za.tiscali.com
   http://www.tiscali.co.za/