Gnome upgrade killed mouse

Greg Barniskis nalists at scls.lib.wi.us
Thu Jul 14 20:30:20 GMT 2005

Paul Schmehl wrote:
> --On Wednesday, July 13, 2005 17:22:31 -0500 Greg Barniskis
> <nalists at scls.lib.wi.us> wrote:
>

>> I understand that your mouse problem got "solved", but just out of
>> curiosity, was it PS/2 and was there a KVM switch box in the mix? Are you
>> also tracking -STABLE?
>>
> It is a USB Logitech Wheel Mouse.  There's no KVM switch in the mix.  I
> use the USB ports on the monitor.  I'm tracking RELEASE.

OK, thanks.

File this under "well, whatever" anyway. After tearing down the
connections and plugging the box in (a) to another mouse and then
(b) back to the KVM, the symptoms have (a) gone away and (b) stayed
away. It was probably a bad reaction to the KVM, or maybe some of
the cabling's going bad, but I couldn't get the problem to recur. If
it ever does, I'll probably just remove this platform to a location
where space constraints don't dictate a shared head.

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348