Gnome upgrade killed mouse

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Thu Jul 14 18:21:15 GMT 2005

--On Wednesday, July 13, 2005 17:22:31 -0500 Greg Barniskis
<nalists at scls.lib.wi.us> wrote:

> I understand that your mouse problem got "solved", but just out of
> curiosity, was it PS/2 and was there a KVM switch box in the mix? Are you
> also tracking -STABLE?

It is a USB Logitech Wheel Mouse.  There's no KVM switch in the mix.  I use
the USB ports on the monitor.  I'm tracking RELEASE.

> A USB mouse attached directly to this system works perfectly, and the
> PS/2 mouse in question works just fine with other boxes (Windows)
> attached to the same KVM switch. I haven't yet tried to remove this
> system from the KVM switch to see if it works OK in isolation, but I am
> pretty sure the KVM setup was working well enough before the latest
> 5.4-STABLE and gnome updates were applied.

Interesting.

I don't even have a PS2 port on this box, so I can't test that.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member