6.0-REL && isos of distfiles

guru at Sisis.de guru at Sisis.de
Fri Dec 30 00:25:47 PST 2005

El día Thursday, December 29, 2005 a las 11:13:50AM -0600, Greg Barniskis escribió:

> >My point was that I don't have a fast Internet link at home to fetch all
> >the (new) sources for the distfiles and I was looking for distfiles on
> >CD which match exactly the 6.0-REL ports collection requirements;

> Anyway, do you think you could download an ISO of the sources all
> that much faster than just downloading the sources directly from
> their respective repositories around the world as is normally done?
> OK, maybe a little bit faster, but not that much.

Now you're close to my point :-)

In the company, where I'm at the moment, I've an uplink to Internet
of 2 mb, at home I've 64 kbit; so my idea was to fetch, lets say
4 CD at high speed, burn them and use them at home for the needed
disfiles; it seems that this would be a good idea to place somewhere
a start collection of the disfiles matching exactly the versions
which will be fetched by the ports, at least for the the most common
parts of the ports collection, don't you think so?

some wweks ago I was in Havana giving talks about FreeBSD and
after that I let my 5.4-REL disfiles there in some central servers
so that the folks can setup a 5.4-REL desktop system with KDE and
so on, and without needing access to Internet...

Thx

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz / Sisis Informationssysteme GmbH
ein Tochterunternehmen der OCLC PICA B.V. Leiden (NL)