Bacula vs. Amanda vs. whatever ...

Bob Lee bob at bobleeit.net
Thu Dec 8 14:45:02 PST 2005

Quoting Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl>:
> I have a home network with two FreeBSD servers (web- and file-server), a number of Windows desktops and a wireless FreeBSD laptop all connected to one another using Samba.

Kiffin,
I think you may run into some snags trying to use Amanda in a disk to
disk backup scheme. I use it everyday and it works great. I have also
used it in a mixed (Win/BSD) environment with no problems. I may
suggest you look at the various rsync-based solutions for disk to disk
archivinga. I've personally used rsync-backup (look on freshmeat.net)
with excellent results.

Bob
--
          Robert Lee  PGP: D3EE2268 pgp.mit.edu