Bacula vs. Amanda vs. whatever ...

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 13:40:02 PST 2005

Well I use amanda. It's DB doesn't need an external one like bacula so
restores can be less troublesome. BUT it can't span tapes if a backup is
larger than a tape........

It can use a virtual tape setup so it you have a nice big disk(array) you
can backup to that.

I'd say try amanda, if things aren't working out try bacula - it's nice to
hav a choice...

--
Martin