Italics not shown properly in OpenOffice

Andreas Davour ante at Update.UU.SE
Sat Apr 9 09:10:31 PDT 2005

Hi!

I have a strange problem in OpenOffice 1.1.4 with italics. Text
formatted as italics doesn't show up in italics on screen. If I cut and
paste som text from an old document it hows up properly. This is very
strange, and a quite severe bug - if that's what it is.

I searched the list and found no mentioning of it. Google found a
bugrapport for some debianthingie, but that was from 2003.

Is it my system that's misbehaving, or OO? Is there something I can do
to fix this? Anyone?

/andreas