httpd.core

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 09:28:10 PDT 2005

On Apr 9, 2005 9:45 PM, Tom Vilot <tom at vilot.com> wrote:
> Thank you, Subhro, for such a quick response to my question.
>
> Now ... the only problem is that if I examine the httpd.core file, it
> evidently has no debugging information in it (naturally):

This is because you need to explicitly build debugging symbols in the
binary. Otherwise the whole debugging procedure is very crippled

> How do I build Apache with debugging information?

For getting this information you need to read through the Makefile.
Generally the compile time option is DEBUG.

So the procudere would be

make -DDEBUG -Dother_compile_options_as_required

This also applies for Apache.

Best Regards,
S.

--