Apache+mod_ssl + mod_php segfault

Vonleigh Simmons nospam at illusionart.com
Thu Sep 9 16:02:40 PDT 2004

	I sent this already but didn't get any replies. I'm a little desperate
because I need to get this working, so if you can suggest anything at
all, I'd really appreciate it. I'm running FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE, apache
is apache13-modssl, php is the mod_php version. All latest versions
(cvsup this morning).

	The problem is that apache segfaults on startup when
loadmodule/addmodule php are in the config file. Originally I fixed the
problem by compiling apache without expat. However, after a portupgrade
it stopped working again.

	Right now it's working with a major kludge: start up apache with
loadmodule/addmodule commented out, comment them back in and do an
apachectl restart. Somehow this lets apache work without segfaulting.
However, if I do an apachectl graceful/restart, then it segfaults again
and won't start up.

	I've tried recompiling apache, recompiling php, getting rid of php
extensions, etc, all to no avail. There is nothing in the logs, it
simply fails to start up. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Vonleigh Simmons
<http://illusionart.com/>