pppoa problem

Eihab E. Ibrahim eihab at qatar.net.qa
Sat Oct 23 18:08:40 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Long Story" <dead_line at hotmail.com>
To: <eihab at qatar.net.qa>
Cc: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 2:56 AM
Subject: Re: pppoa problem
[...]

>  The ppp_enable,ppp_mode,ppp_profile  is just to enable autodial,
>  but anyhow i have tried removing the options before i even send to
> this list,
>  when I do start the box, the same error msg comes, firmeware not
> found, mgmt.o
[...]

The adsl.sh script does exactly the same thing, when you have these
options in rc.conf it conflicts with the adsl.sh as both try to
initialize the
modem and dial. The adsl.sh worked fine for me, just make sure you
use only one method not both.

Please accept my apologies for not reading your email thoroughly.
It could be a problem with the firmware file you currently have.
Try to download a fresh copy from:
http://download.ethomson.com/download/speedmgmt.tar.gz
and replace the mgmt.o with the one in this package.

[...]
>   Im really sick of trying wish someone could help.
Take a deep breath, it took me 3 days of searching to get this
modem working decently :)

Good luck.

Eihab E. Ibrahim