WiFi 802.11b or g setup

Dick Davies rasputnik at hellooperator.net
Mon Nov 1 15:14:08 PST 2004

* Lloyd Hayes <lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com> [1138 20:38]:

> When I go to configure an Internet connection over a network, I seem to
> be getting the same errors with FreeBSD and the wifi card that I got
> with Linux. I am probably approaching it wrong, someway. Trying to do
> something (?) that I shouldn't, or not doing something that I should.

Start with the basics.

What does the card show up as in ifconfig -a?
then what does dmesg show for that card?

Finally, what commands have you tried? 'configure an Internet connection'
doesn't explain what you're doing.

--
Bender, Ship, stop arguing or I'll come back there and change
your opinions manually. - Leela