sysinstall config question

Alex Povolotsky tarkhil at webmail.sub.ru
Mon May 24 03:48:38 PDT 2004

Hello!

According to sysinstall(8),

     LOAD_CONFIG_FILE
       If sysinstall is compiled with LOAD_CONFIG_FILE set in the envi-
       ronment (or in the Makefile) to some value, then that value will
       be used as the filename to automatically look for and load when
       sysinstall starts up and with no user interaction required.  This
       option is aimed primarily at large sites who wish to create a
       single prototype install for multiple machines with largely iden-
       tical configurations and/or installation options.

However, attempt to make release as follows

make release BUILDNAME=5.2.1-RELEASE CHROOTDIR=/var/release CVSROOT=/home/ncvs RELEASETAG=RELENG_5_2_1_RELEASE LOAD_CONFIG_FILE="gw.conf"

result in the following error:

===> bin
===> bin/cat
install -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   cat /var/release/bin
install: cat: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/bin/cat.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/bin.
*** Error code 1

while building release without LOAD_CONFIG_FILE builds just fine.

I do not have a 4.X box with enough resources to try the same there; maybe someone could enlighten me? Or I should ask in -current?

--
Alex.