UFS problem

Andrew Sinclair syncman at optusnet.com.au
Mon May 24 03:05:55 PDT 2004

I have a question about my filesystem. I have an 80GB ATA HDD with a
partition on it full of data. It was in a removable rack which isn't
electrically sound and has since damaged the partition. I've tried
recovering it with fdisk/disklabel but it reports incorrect block device
and won't mount the partition. I'm also unsure what geometry the drive
actually used because it had about 3 different geometries from other
installations. Are there any tools out there that can help with this
other than gpart? Anyone want to plug a data recovery service (in
Australia)?