5.2.1-release iso images broken?

scion+fbsdq at webrelay.net scion+fbsdq at webrelay.net
Fri Mar 12 11:12:38 PST 2004

I've been trying to boot up a Compaq 1850.  Aside from it hanging
on booting I noticed that I was booting with 5.2.1-RC, not -release
So, d/l the latest iso and now the darned machine won't boot from
the 5.2.1-release cds at all.  Doesn't even see them.  I've booted
this machine up on 3 or 4 different linuxen, Fbsd4.9, Solaris 8,
even openDarwin 7.  I've burned several cds of 5.2.1-release-mininst
but no joy.

So, off to another pc and golly if the cd won't boot there either!

Is there a known problem with the i386 iso images for 5.2.1-release?

-sam